[RC5] Strange Times

Bjoern Martin boris59 at gmx.net
Wed Oct 24 17:19:30 EDT 2001

>I have my client set to download 288 hours of RC5 but after an update it
>only displays the time remaining as about 3 days.
>
>Any Ideas??

The client has a sanity check which forbids to download
more work than worth 3 days. For the proxy, there exists an
expertmode option to override this check, but I don't know
about the client.

A workaround is to fetch as much as possible, rename the
buff-in file, fetch again and import the renamed file. This
way you should get work worth 6 days. Repeat it for every
additional 3 days you need.

Bye,

Boris59

--