[RC5] Checkpoint file

Bruce Wilson bwilson at distributed.net
Wed Oct 24 10:24:39 EDT 2001

Shared buffer files are generally a bad idea for most people.  We've
done as much as possible to make the file access safe, but there are
still situations where buffer corruption can take place.

Shared checkpoint files are completely out of the question.

If you want to consolidate your work, use a perproxy, and a local
checkpoint file.  The connection to the proxy will take place only when
needed, just as the client might connect to the d.net proxy network.  It
also doesn't require NFS, which some people will remind you stands for
"No F***ing Security".

__

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)