[RC5] Checkpoint file

Dennis Lubert plasmahh at gmx.net
Thu Oct 25 04:02:23 EDT 2001

At 18:36 24.10.01 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]
mh, well can this be done with the -ini option ? mh, I will look if theres
an option for checkpoint files, because its not fun to set up 138 different
ini files... I use a script to start them all via ssh, so I could use the
hostname as name for the checkpoint file, that should be unique

>A clean shutdown of a client will result in all work being saved
>properly, checkpoint or not.  The checkpoint file is really intended to
>protect against unexpected shutdowns.
but afaik thats not true if several clients use the same buffer file. then
only the last work unit will be used, all others discarded, so everything
not finished then will be lost....
or am i wrong ?