[RC5] Checkpoint file

Malte S. Stretz msquadrat.nospamplease at gmx.net
Thu Oct 25 09:11:56 EDT 2001

Moin Dennis,

you don't need 138+ ini files. 2 Are enough. You need one "master"
dnetc which feeds all the others.
<master-ini>
[parameters]
id=plasmahh at gmx.net

[buffers]
buffer-file-basename=~/dnetc/.master/buff-in
output-file-basename=~/dnetc/.master/buff-out
checkpoint-filename=~/dnetc/.master/buff.cp
allow-update-from-altbuffer=no
</master-ini>
Fire the master up with `~/bin/dnetc -ini ~/dnetc/master.ini`.

All the "client" dnetcs have the following:
<client-ini>
[parameters]
id=plasmahh at gmx.net

[buffers]
buffer-file-basename=~/dnetc/.clients/buff-in
output-file-basename=~/dnetc/.clients/buff-out
allow-update-from-altbuffer=yes
alternate-buffer-directory=~/dnetc/.master/

[networking]
disabled=yes
</client-ini>
Every client goes with the following command line (make it a shell
script):
`test -e ~/dnetc/$HOSTNAME || mkdir -p ~/dnetc/$HOSTNAME; ~/bin/dnetc\
-ini ~/dnetc/client.ini -inbase ~/dnetc/$HOSTNAME/buff-in -outbase\
~/dnetc/$HOSTNAME/buff-out -ckpoint ~/dnetc/$HOSTNAME/buff.cp`
That way you've got your own buffers + checkpoints for every client.

Hope this works as I thought it does. Have to leave to work now...
Baahh! It's f***ing late again...

HTH
Malte