[RC5] RC5 only fetching.-GUI

Test Man mr_nobby at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 09:49:48 EST 2001

Tom,

I don't know about only nowadays; I thought it was
always a good idea to give feedback on the current
status of a program if only to prove that it is not
locked in, running an endless loop. I agree about the
wasted cycles but even a status update once every 5
minutes (say), is reassuring and the usefulness
outweighs the loss of 'stolen' cycles. Perhaps the
best option is to provide the status when the user
wants it (so the program can run without wasting time
displaying the status when it is hidden or minimised)
but then, time is wasted polling the button/key etc to
display the status...............

Cycles are also wasted running  the app under a
multi-tasking system!