[RC5] Checkpoint file

Zorba the Hutt zorbathut at uswest.net
Sun Oct 28 16:07:01 EST 2001

> Nice, except having 138 checkpoint files is going to give him the
> local network glut that he's trying to avoid.

138 checkpoint files, once every 5 minutes, and maybe 2k of traffic each
update (that's very liberal, the file itself appears to be 132 bytes for me)
. . . less than 1k/s. That's a miniscule amount on even a 10mbps network.

I think most servers that broadcast themselves use more than that,
actually - don't both Windows and DHCP do that? could be wrong, it's been a
while.

-Zorba

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net