[RC5] RC5 only fetching.-GUI

Flynn, Steve non Unisys steve.flynn at gb.unisys.com
Tue Oct 30 03:44:29 EST 2001

All sounds well and good, but the average "Joe Six Pack" is not going to
find cracking encryption keys, searching for Optimal Golomb rulers, breaking
DES encrypted messages, etc very interesting. This project has been going
for over 3 years - must punters who are going to run the client on a regular
basis already are.

I've been trying to persuade friends of mine to run the client. They aren't
interested. Not because they don't get to see a pretty screen when it's
working, but because they just aren't interested. People flocked to SETI
because it sounded exciting, even if it wasn't! RC5 just sounds dull as
dishwater and the only people who find it exciting/interesting/beneficial
are the geeks, like you and me.