[RC5] keys stuck in a loop??

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Sun Sep 16 16:49:24 EDT 2001

ahhhh... see? no one's ever explained it like that... i surely didn't
get that from mike's message... he seemed to simply be berating me for
processing small block and returning them ASAP... in all the years my
machines been participating in the RC5 project and my carrying of and
reading this list, the term "bandwidth" has been used and to a lot of
us, that speaks of the pipeline that the data travels over rather than
the computing power needed to process the data available...

so, are there recomendations or a chart for block/unit sizes that should
be being worked on for the different available CPUs?? i've 485/50's,
486/66's, 5x86/133's, P200 no MMX's, P233MMX's, P266MMX's, AMD K6-450's,
and Celeron 300's... there may even be a 486/25 or two in the mix...