[RC5] Question... Dual Athlon PC

Aaron W. Swenson aswenson at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 19 11:32:14 EDT 2001

See, that's the thing though. I'm not talking about the Thunderbird, that
is no longer being manufactured (though you can still get it at retail
shops).  I'm higher up in the line. The new core is the current one (hard
concept I know).
The Athlon support multiprocessor environments as it sits. Here:
http://www.amd.com:7246/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_756_759^3452,00.html

And look at the third heading.  And they do share the same processing
cores. The MP has the SmartMP technology added to it.  And I was looking at
the website a little more, and see that they have full support for SSE
now.  Prefetch also takes place in the Athlons.