[RC5] Question... Dual Athlon PC

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Sat Sep 22 14:21:29 EDT 2001

Just to be clear. (really, my last post on the subject!)  There is only one
core being sold presently as the plain Athlon, though, and that's the
Thunderbird.  There have been several Thunderbird steppings, but they are
all the same core from a performance perspective, just with different
optimizations to achieve higher clock speeds.  The K75 has been gone now for
some time.  Soon the Palomino will replace the Thunderbird, but it will
probably get a new name.  And yes, all T-bird and Palomino chips and their
Duron derivatives do work in the dual CPU 760MP chipset.