[RC5] name resolution

lost at l-w.net lost at l-w.net
Sun Sep 23 19:40:40 EDT 2001

Is there any particular reason that dnetc needs "nslookup" to resolve
domain names when running under Linux? This strikes me was rather
restricting; not every system has nslookup installed and considering that
ISC is deprecating nslookup another solution should probably be found.

Regardless, shouldn't the requirement be documented? I installed dnet on a
Linux system that did not have nslookup installed and was wondering why it
insisted on doing random blocks. This was especially mystifying since
every other application on the system could resolve domain names.

William Astle
finger lost at l-w.net for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w--- !O
!M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net