[RC5] dnet's servers won't give out big blocks

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Mon Sep 24 16:37:48 EDT 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Bruce Wilson wrote:
> If you have configured the client to use a time-based threshold, this
> phenomenon won't affect the amount of work you retrieve.  If dnetc has
> to download twice as many work units to fill the projected amount of
> time, it will.

I understand that.  I'm just trying to increase the average work
units/packet.  (It makes my statistics slower too!)  Sometimes it seems
that the servers will hand out a bigger block after I clean out the dregs
lying around.  Is there some way to prevent the proxy from requesting
blocks as often?  I've already increased my output threshold to reduce the
number of connections.

Also - is there any rc5 stats cut off for old versions of the client?  I
understand old clients have OGR problems, but I'm not doing much OGR.

--
</chris>

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them
down?  We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net