[RC5] Re: Pentium4: Benchmark and real keyrate are different

Stuart Millington phupp at wormhole.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 00:20:13 EDT 2001

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:42:05 +0200, you wrote:

>I wonder if some person with access to P4 machines could run the
>benchmark and then start the client and let it crack say 10 2^28
>blocks and check the keyrate reported on the console.

   For OGR, the client picks core #0 (GARSP 5.13-A) on my P4 1.4. This
does 3.1Mnodes/s in real life (99% CPU) and the "selected core"
benchmark reports 4.7Mnodes/s. I have a Celeron 733Mhz box,
outperforming a P4 1.4. (The P4 box was a warranty replacement for an
Athalon 1.1 box which beat both hands down.)

Aside: If only there was an AS/400 client, *then* I could get a better
key-rate ;) - I only have an RPG compiler on my box so I can't help
with the development of a client :(

- Stuart Millington                                              -
- mailto:phupp at dsv1.co.uk          http://www.z-add.co.uk/       -
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net