[RC5] Missing announcement?

steve.e.jones at rapistan.com steve.e.jones at rapistan.com
Wed Apr 10 13:49:39 EDT 2002

Ok, I not above starting idle rumours!
With this latest comment, I feel confident enough to predict the
anouncement. Dnet will be joining with another existing distributed
project.
The "new code" requirement means it is probably a new client. If it was
just that we were starting something new, it would (probably), be discussed
and mentioned beforehand. The fact that it has to be a planned anouncement,
with prerequisets met first. indicates that it will be a merged project.
This to me makes a lot of sense as the dnet clients seem to be technically
better than most (any) of the other distributed clients out there.

Well, that's my 2 cents. Anyone like to guess the other party?

Steven Jones

"Bruce Wilson" <bwilson at distributed.net>@lists.distributed.net on
04/10/2002 08:02:18 AM

Please respond to rc5 at lists.distributed.net