[RC5] Linux

Carl Inglis wyrdrune at yoshiwara.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 19 22:47:35 EDT 2002

On Friday 19 April 2002  8:43 pm, you wrote:
<snip>

> > since it's considered to be a security risk by some.
<snip>
> Why do you consider "set path = ( $path . )" or "set path = ( $path
> $home )"  to be a workaround or a security risk?

I didn't say I did. I said "...by some."

It's funny - I had expected that if I had posted the useful info on how to
do it, I would be flamed. I didn't expect a (very minor flicker of a
hint of) flame for *not* posting it! :-)

Personally, I feel it's a bad practice to get into. In part for reasons
which another poster has noted, and in part because it forces me to think
about where the script/binary/whatever that I am about to run has come
from.

Carl
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net