[RC5] new project idea

Jamie Fifield fifield at ghost.nslug.ns.ca
Mon Apr 22 13:27:06 EDT 2002

Perhaps this has been considered, but what about distributed scanning
for open mail relays and tying into ORDB or a similar service?

Obviously, there's many clients for whom this wouldn't be appropriate,
but I've got a bunch that I'd be happy to see doing this, I'm sure
others do too.

I don't see this as a contest of course, I don't even know if there's
any point in keeping stats.  I see it as more of an ongoing project.
The key server could hand out IP blocks and the clients could do a few
at a time in the backround while crunching on one of the other contests.

Anyway, the idea came to me in the weee hours of the morning; it
seemed like a cool idea at the time. :)

What do you guys think?

--
Jamie Fifield