[RC5] new project idea

/dev/null dev.null at beginthread.com
Mon Apr 22 16:20:41 EDT 2002

> Perhaps this has been considered, but what about distributed scanning
> for open mail relays and tying into ORDB or a similar service?
>
> What do you guys think?

I like it.  Currently ORDB faces the problem that SMTP admins that want
spammers to use their servers can set rules to ignore any IP traffic
from ORDB servers by IP address.  But if every IP address in the world
could be used to check for open SMTP servers they wouldn't be able to
block by IP.

/dev/null
Available for Consulting.
email: dev.null at beginthread.com
web: www.BeginThread.com/dev.null
* Would you like to join BeginThread.com?  Drop me a line, it's FREE!

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net