[RC5] new pre-release client

Eugene Mah eugenem at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 23 10:01:08 EDT 2002

well, I must say, I'm quite impressed with the new pre-release
client.  Not only does the new P4 core spit an extra 800kkeys/s
out of my 1.5 GHz P4, but the Ultrasparc core has even eeked out
an extra 7 kkeys/s out of each CPU in my Sparc20 workstation.

One thing I have noticed though is that the keyrate on my Celeron
machine has gone down from ~1.89 Mkeys/s to about 1.86 Mkeys/s.
Of course, this might be due to something else going on with
my machine (It's been rather tempermental lately for the last
few months).  For now I'll keep monitoring.

Kudos on the new client!

Eugene

Eugene Mah, M.Sc., DABR               eugenem at ix.netcom.com
Medical Physicist/Misplaced Canuck    maheug at musc.edu
Department of Radiology               "For I am a Bear of Very Little
Medical University of South Carolina   Brain, and long words Bother
Charleston, South Carolina             me."   Winnie the Pooh
http://home.netcom.com/~eugenem/
PGP KeyID = 0x1F9779FD, 0x319393F4
PGP keys available on request         ICQ 3113529                 O-

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net