[RC5] RC5 on Pentium4

RogerKIWI at aol.com RogerKIWI at aol.com
Sun Aug 25 21:26:52 EDT 2002

In a message dated 8/25/02 5:37:55 PM, jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com writes:

> > > That just states (again) that the P-IV is crap when it comes to RC5 :-)
> > > My Duron-850 cracks at 2.9 MKeys/s :)
> > >

> > And my dual 450 MHz G4 cracks at 3.9 MKeys/sec on each of the CPUs.
> >
>     My dual 1.6GHz Palomino runs 5.5Mk/s on each CPU.
>
>     /me waits for someone with a dual GHz G4 to top that...

Check out this page

http://n0cgi.distributed.net/speed/query.cgi?cputype=all&arch=2&contest=rc5

and look down for the G4.

There is one listed at 1600 MHz, (which means it was a dual processor 800
MHz) reporting 16.99 MKeys/sec. Now with dual PowerMacs at 1.25 GHz, I'm
guessing they're capable of running 13 MKeys/sec/cpu.

This page

http://n0cgi.distributed.net/speed/query.cgi?cputype=all&arch=all&contest=all&
multi=1

lists all the multi CPU machines that have submitted their speed data.

Cheers

Roger <--- sorry about the previous colour - AOL thinks the whole world
should now deal in HTML mail, and don't bother writing me to tell me to get a
"real" ISP - I have a couple.