[RC5] RC5 on Pentium4

Jason Hartzell jhartzell at arcataassoc.com
Mon Aug 26 15:54:30 EDT 2002

I have no idea what Bruce Fords keyrate calculator is, but...

You can always submit your own speeds to the database. Also, when you
compare speeds, look for the same processor, OS and client revision. Those
numbers should be pretty close.

I don't have the cow running on any P4s, but my 1400 PIII benchmarked RC5 at
around 3.9 Mkeys/s on version 2.8015 of the client.

Also, the benchmarks I see submitted at http://www.distributed.net/speed
show the P4-1700 to do around 2.4 MKeys/s. One person claims their P4-1700
got 3.4 while running DOS. Probably should have that stat removed from the
speeds database, since it looks to be WAY off.

You're actual rate will always be lower than the benchmark because your
computer actually does work most of the time (at least it should). That's my
experience, and I see it as a non-issue. Maybe the benchmark runs at a high
priority, if you're worried about it, set the client to run at a higher
priority and then see what numbers you get.