[RC5] RC5 on Pentium4

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Tue Aug 27 09:14:51 EDT 2002

why do you think that DOS stat should be removed? obviously that system
wasn't hobbled by running any graphical shell or extraneous drivers and
stuff... pure DOS is the only system that gives full processing power of
the CPU to the single task that is running... the CPU doesn't have to
spend time doing anything else like serviceing a GUI, network layers,
mouse drivers, software based printers or modems, etc...

ANY other system is going to have to spend time doing other things...
there is simply no other way for a multitasking/multiswitching multiuser
system to work... no switching away means full power to the program
running...