[RC5] RC5 on Pentium4

Ryu odjmico2 at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 27 21:02:04 EDT 2002

>> or
>>maybe someone is trying to overclock their processor (I'm not even sure if
>>you can overclock a P4) and submitted the speed under the original
processor
>>speed instead of the overclocked speed.

Yes you can O/C a P4, especially P4 1.6 Ghz than runs perfectly 2.0 Ghz most
of time, P4 1.8 a little bit less.

>>My personal experience of running client under DOS show minor performance
>>gains, if any. Not a 50% gain over NT/2000/XP. That's really just absurd
>>think you would achieve those levels.

personally i asked myself that question : running client under DOS with x86
CPU from 386 to PII always give better results thant under GUI OS, but i
tried with PIII and P4 then results were worse ! did any one observed this ?

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net