[RC5] Client starting under XP

James Spinks james at angelos.ftech.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 11:06:10 EDT 2002

Quoting Mandelli Alessandro <motovacanze at motovacanze.it>:

> When it comes to login, distributed client is not yet loaded.
> Login mask stays there waiting for input, preventing any further loading.
> Is there anyway I can start distributed.net client (and UPS client) to load
> before the login under XP?
> Yesterday, power missed at 8.17pm (UPS log) presumably caused by a
> lightning
> strike and I lost all night crunching until this morning.

Yep, start the distributed.net client as a service under XP.  Once you've logged
into the box, type the following at the command prompt (in the directory where
the client is installed):

     dnetc -install

Then take the client out of your startup folder and reboot to test...

> Thanks for your attention

It's a pleasure...

--
James Spinks