[RC5] Standby/Hibernate

Michael Shannon MichaelS at towersoft.com.au
Mon Dec 2 10:23:36 EST 2002

> Does anybody know how to make WinXP (SP1) hibernate or go
> into standby with
> dnetc running ?
> According to MS, ACPI uses idletime to measure whether the
> computer is idle
> or not, so no idletime means no standby/hibernation !

A lot of newer 'name-brand' PCs have a hibernate button on the keyboard.
Hitting it is the same as manually doing Start->Shutdown->Stand By which
will force the computer into stand-by mode irrespective of what's
running.  I imagine this is acheived by mapping a macro to the
appropriate key.  Check out TUCOWs or some other download site for a
macro mapping program and create your own that'll suit your keyboard.

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster
michaels at towersoft.com.au

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net