Installer question - probably a bug - was Re: [RC5] New clients now available

David Burg dburg at nero.com
Tue Dec 3 14:09:56 EST 2002

Hello,

I've notice that the installer ask to reboot at the end of the procedure.
This looks like a bug. Under windows 2000 that I'm running, the client
should be register as a service (and not added to startup group (which is ok
for w9x platforms) as offer by the installer option, bug number 2) and
services can absolutely be stop and restarted without rebooting the
computer.

This should make the NT installer much greater.

Best regards,

David Burg

David Burg
Software Development

Ahead Software AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18    fax:   +49 (0)7248 911 888
76307 Karlsbad        email: dburg at nero.com
Germany               http://www.nero.com