[RC5] Athlon core contribution

Julian Ruhe ruheejih at calvados.zrz.tu-berlin.de
Fri Dec 6 13:08:02 EST 2002

Hi,

I am thinking about contributing an optimized Athlon core or supporting
somebody who is already writing a new core. As my time is very limited,
I will probably not be able to spend much time in understanding RC5 and
the ANSI sources, so that I would need some help (I am a student applied
of mathematics, so mathematical part will be hopefully not the problem).
If somebody is interested, please contact me.
My goal is to let Athlon look better against a G4 than it was the case
in RC5-64.
I have lots of experiences in assembly optimizing mathematical floating
point code and I know the Athlon very well, but integer optimizations
should be no problem, too. I think I know some tricks that not many
people know and I have some contacts to AMD that will support me, if I
have special question.
Interested?

Regards

J.Ruhe