[RC5] Athlon core contribution

Jeroen van Rijn jeroen at bytalized.com
Fri Dec 6 13:22:26 EST 2002

Hi there,

I'm new here, been and am still crunching Find-A-Drug's THINK, but I
like the idea of cryptography challenges as well :)

Like the idea ... also have a background in assembler, but not specific
on Athlon opcodes. I've got a thruput of about 4.5M keys/s when working
on my XP 2100+, going up to 5.2M when the machine is totally idle, or
thereabouts. Not sure if this is an acceptable rate for this processor,
but I have a lot of gear installed on my machine, lol.

Anyways, I am currently planning to write a DC project for the RSA
factoring challenges.
Will write it in PowerBasic/Win 7 because of it's superiority when it
comes to executable size and mathmetics compared to say any given C
variant. And it can use inline assembly as well very easily to optimize
it even further.

I'm surely interested in working on the RC5-72 project for Athlon
optimization for one... anyone interested to make the factiorals a
distributed.net project as well?

Regards,
    Jeroen.