[RC5] Athlon core contribution

David Burg dburg at nero.com
Fri Dec 6 15:52:17 EST 2002

So, let's check the XP vs G4 status. ;-)

Athlon XP:

http://n0cgi.distributed.net/speed/query.cgi?cputype=101&arch=all&contest=rc
572&multi=0&recordid=0

Power PC G4 and G3:

http://n0cgi.distributed.net/speed/query.cgi?cputype=all&arch=2&contest=rc57
2&multi=0&recordid=0

Fastest XP is nearly 3 times faster than fastest G4... But I actually did
not plan to purchase any power pc-based computer for so long I can't say
what in price in equivalent for a XP 2400 in the power pc world. But it
looks like Power PC are pretty much behind anyway. Let me guess that risc is
not very good for floating point calculation?

Best regards,

David Burg

David Burg
Software Development

Ahead Software AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18    fax:   +49 (0)7248 911 888
76307 Karlsbad        email: dburg at nero.com
Germany               http://www.nero.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net