[RC5] Athlon core contribution

Stephen Garrison garrison at ChE.UDel.Edu
Fri Dec 6 10:59:33 EST 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 RogerKIWI at aol.com wrote:

> There's no reason to think that when a G4 AltiVec core for RC5-72 is created
> that the G4 won't be significantly faster again.

I would disagree because I believe that the change from a 64-bit key to a
72-bit key may result in significant difficulties when trying to
effectively use the AltiVec unit since each 128-bit Altivec register will
now only be able to hold one key. I would expect that this could also
affect the results of the x86 machines and the use of the 128-bit SIMD SSE
registers as well.

--
Stephen Garrison

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net