[RC5] eEye and d.net

Dave Huang khym at azeotrope.org
Mon Dec 9 13:38:33 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 01:16:15PM -0600, david townsend wrote:
> I used eEye's Retina to scan my computer and got the following:
>
> 3064: DISTRIB-NET-PROXY - Stupid closed source distrib.net proxy
>
> http://www.geocities.com/rngwrm/retina.jpg
>

> Do they have some kind of grievance?  There were no smartass comments on
> 2064.

Heh, I dunno... they probably just want the source code to dnet's
network-related stuff. nmap has similarly snide comments:

distrib-net-losers 2064/tcp  # A group of lamers working on a silly closed-source client for solving the RSA cryptographic challenge.  This is the keyblock proxy port.
distrib-net-proxy 3064/tcp   # Stupid closed source distributed.net project proxy port
INet: khym at azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 27 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net