[RC5] Suggestion

Stefan Ring e9725446 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 16 00:40:48 EST 2002

It would be nice to have the possibility of automatically swapping the
client version between two blocks. As we all know, buffers are discarded
when the client version changes, so it is best to only change when there
are no more half-way finished blocks. I'd like to be able to put a
dnetc.exe.new into the dnetc directory and rely on the client to check
for this special file's existence, replace the old exe and continue
running (with the new version) upon block completion.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net