[RC5] Around the Globe

Greg Lobring globring at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 18 11:49:04 EST 2002

Lets assume the distance around the Earth at it's equator is 40,074
kilometers (~24,900.8 miles).

Lets imagine an RC5-72 key really looked like an actual physical key (the
kind that opens doors). And lets say these keys are each 3 inches long
(~7.62 centimeters). At this measurement, it would take ~525,903,333 keys
laid end to end to circle the Earth at it's equator.

As there are 4,722,366,482,869,640,000,000 keys, if you laid them
end-to-end, they would circle the Earth a little under 9 trillion times
~8,979,533,278,365 times to be more precise).

You know what? That is a lot of keys.

Heh, its a slow day at work. I think my math is correct.