[RC5] rc5-72 completion rate

Jeroen van Rijn jeroen at bytalized.com
Mon Dec 23 16:26:35 EST 2002

hehe, my notebook is a P4 1.6Ghz, my desktop an athlon XP2100+, running
at 1577Mhz.

though ~ same clockspeed the Ahtlon clocks in at upto 5.4Mkeys/s and the
P4 at 2.2 tops. Would be nice to see an optimized core for P4, when I
find the time I'll write that pseudocode Julian Ruhe was waiting for to
start P4 optimization.

though the athlon outperforms on other DC projects as well, for instance
UD's think ran much faster as well. I think we'll keep seeing AMD over
Intel in the DC arena if both get optimized properly.

Regards,
    Jeroen.