[RC5] dnet is the best designed program out there IMO

Steve Bennett me at stevage.com
Tue Dec 24 12:38:59 EST 2002

I agree that some sort of idle-cycle using program should be run in
permanence.  Until d.net comes up with something better, I'll probably just
leave rc5-72 ticking along in the background with something like prime95 on
higher priority.  Then, if whatever my preferred project is falls over, goes
to sleep, etc etc, then d.net can jump in and grab a few cycles.  Also works
before I log in (remember that thread a few weeks ago?)...

I don't mean to sound harsh...I certainly don't have any better ideas for
projects.  To me, though, breaking encryption through brute force has been
*done*, several times.  Concept *proven*.  Let's do something new.

Steve