[RC5] is this right?

James Spinks james at angelos.ftech.co.uk
Mon Dec 30 10:02:02 EST 2002

Quoting "Jim C. Nasby" <jim at nasby.net>:

> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 07:07:57PM -0500, blitz wrote:
> > Lots of memory on the box, and my additive keystroke rate is faster
> with
> > two instances running than with one. ALways has been incidentally. Even

Ah, I see - interesting, the only reason I could ever come up with was if
you had no real project preference and wanted to split your CPU's time 50/50
then running /n/ clients (where /n/ is the number of projects) each with a
different project priority setting but sharing buffers might be a novel way
of achieving that (btw. this might be a good answer for the FAQ entry at
http://n0cgi.distributed.net/faq/cache/255.html).

> You might try forcing the client to start two crunchers instead of just
> one.

Under the performance menu of the configuration there is an option to
specify the number of crunchers to run simultaneously - set this to 2 I
suspect and see if it makes any difference...

--
James Spinks
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net