[RC5] Tell me something's not wrong

pdonnell at northnet.org pdonnell at northnet.org
Sun Feb 3 08:38:32 EST 2002

The following is from bovine's plans
<http://n0cgi.distributed.net/cgi/dnet-finger.cgi?user=bovine> Plans are
published on the plans list at 0000Z each day. I had almost  forgotten
that it was a separate list because I filter both to one folder.

: 27-Jan-2002 01:22 (Sunday) ::

A few people have written me with an interest in the reasons behind the
decision to restrict arbitrary HTML in the "motto" field of teams and
participants.  Although I've been replying individually when people email
me, I've created a FAQ entry that summarizes many of the reasons here:
http://n0cgi.distributed.net/faq/index.cgi?file=268

:: 22-Jan-2002 21:06 (Tuesday) ::

We've had to make some changes to what's allowed to be entered in the
"motto" field for both teams and participants on the stats site.
Previously these fields where unrestricted text fields that even allowed
raw HTML to be entered, however we've recently decided that those fields
need to be restricted to a more limited subset of tags.  If your
participant or team page included customized HTML tags, you should
consider modifying them to instead use the allowed square-bracket
alternatives that are listed on the editing page ([B]..[/B],
[URL=xx]..[/URL], [BR], etc).

pdonnell at northnet.org (Patrick J. Donnelly)

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net