[RC5] Tell me something's not wrong

James Spinks james at angelos.ftech.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 12:22:39 EST 2002

daniel carter wrote:
> Scott Dodson wrote:
>> That is most definately spam if they suddenly e-mail everyone just
>> because
>> they have your e-mail address.
>
> They wouldn't be emailing "just because they have your e-mail".  They
> would be emailing you because they are making a change to stats that
> might affect you.
>
> With a small effort they could even just email the team contacts, not
> the whole membership.
>
> With a bit more effort they could just email the team contacts for teams
> that did use HTML in their logo.
>
> Or they could use the announce list to make announcements.
>
> Not spam.

Can we please let this thread die now?  The announcement list has only
ever been for extremely low volume critical announcements.  The plans
list is the list used for higher volume staff announcements (and it
was announced there).  Anyone with more than a passing interest in the
running of dnet should (in my opinion) be subscribed to the plans list
if they want to know what is going on.

Other than  that, this thread is turning into spam...  ;-(

--
James Spinks

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net