[RC5] Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:10:38 -0000

Chris Pollard chris at cdp181.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 21:37:56 EST 2002


I'm getting several copies of everything too.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rc5 at lists.distributed.net
[mailto:owner-rc5 at lists.distributed.net]On Behalf Of blitz
Sent: 12 February 2002 21:00
To: rc5 at lists.distributed.net
Subject: Re: [RC5] Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:10:38 -0000


Youve got problems on your ISP end...Ive only seen one copy of everything
on this list.
The dupes are often from a spambot harvesting names at your ISP.

At 11:55 2/12/02 +0100, you wrote:


>On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, John Campbell wrote:
>
> >       Okay, what's up with the list? This is the fourth copy of my last
> > message that I've gotten back, and I'm quite sure that I only sent it
once,
> > and that the mail server on *my* end is working right. Several of the
other
> > messages I've gotten more often than that.
>
>I also got several copies of pretty much every message in this thread...
>However, it seems this is not the fault of the listserver, but of two
>subscribers. Here are the headers of the original message:
>
>***
> >From dipsy100 at lineone.net Tue Feb 12 11:50:00 2002
>Received: from mserv.rug.ac.be (mserv.rug.ac.be [157.193.40.37])
>         by eduserv.rug.ac.be (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1BLuVU27505
>         for <jmaebe at eduserv.rug.ac.be>; Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:56:31 +0100
(MET)
>Received: from chipsworld.llamas.net (IDENT:root at chipsworld.LLAMAS.net
>     [63.77.33.226])
>         by mserv.rug.ac.be (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id WAA23874
>         for <Jonas.Maebe at rug.ac.be>; Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:56:29 +0100 (MET)
>Received: (from majordomo at localhost)
>         by chipsworld.llamas.net (8.11.6/8.11.6) id g1BLBj824690
>         for rc5-outbound; Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:11:45 -0500
>Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:11:45 -0500
>Received: from mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com
>     (mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com [212.74.112.71])
>         by chipsworld.llamas.net (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id
g1BLBhN24685
>         for <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>; Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:11:44 -0500
>Received: from [80.225.83.149] (helo=default)
>         by mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com with esmtp (Exim 3.33 #1)
>         id 16aNjZ-0009Hu-00
>         for rc5 at lists.distributed.net; Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:11:38 +0000
>From: "Scott Morgan" <dipsy100 at lineone.net>
>To: <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
>Subject: [RC5] Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:10:38 -0000
>Message-ID: <000201c1b340$9e7c9c50$9553e150 at default>
>[snip]
>***
>
>Here are those of the first dupplicate:
>
>***
> >From dipsy100 at lineone.net Tue Feb 12 11:50:04 2002
>Received: from mserv.rug.ac.be (mserv.rug.ac.be [157.193.40.37])
>         by eduserv.rug.ac.be (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1C93mD28365
>         for <jmaebe at eduserv.rug.ac.be>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:03:48 +0100
(MET)
>Received: from chipsworld.llamas.net (IDENT:root at chipsworld.llamas.net
>     [63.77.33.226])
>         by mserv.rug.ac.be (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA01391
>         for <Jonas.Maebe at rug.ac.be>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:03:38 +0100 (MET)
>Received: (from majordomo at localhost)
>         by chipsworld.llamas.net (8.11.6/8.11.6) id g1C8RqY08586
>         for rc5-outbound; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 03:27:52 -0500
>Received: from virus.landis.com ([193.79.12.8])
>         by chipsworld.llamas.net (8.11.6/8.11.6) with SMTP id g1C8RpN08581
>         for <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 03:27:51 -0500
>Received: by virus.landis.com; id JAA24280; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:30:35 GMT
>Received: from nodnsquery(213.53.11.35) by nlsrkca-vs01.virus.landis.com
>     via csmap (V4.1)
>         id srcAAAxD_A__; Tue, 12 Feb 02 09:30:35 GMT
>Received: from sd0-par1.landis.com (prdoessps.landis.com [10.32.3.11])
>         by mex02.landis.com (8.10.2+Sun/8.10.2) with ESMTP id g1C9QtF11228
>         for <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:24:55 GMT
>Received: (from oracle at localhost)
>         by sd0-par1.landis.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) id JAA22980
>         for rc5 at lists.distributed.net; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:27:35 +0100
(MET)
>Received: from mex02.landis.com (nlsrkca-ma01 [10.32.2.133])
>         by sd0-par1.landis.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with SMTP id AAA25117
>         for <wdesmedt at landis.be>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:27:09 +0100 (MET)
>Received: from virus.landis.com (vs01-out [213.53.11.33])
>         by mex02.landis.com (8.10.2+Sun/8.10.2) with SMTP id g1C0QTF02739
>         for <wdesmedt at landis.be>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:26:29 GMT
>Received: by virus.landis.com; id AAA10429; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:30:07 GMT
>Received: from nodnsquery(63.77.33.226) by nlsrkca-vs01.virus.landis.com
>     via csmap (V4.1)
>         id srcAAAo3hqm_; Tue, 12 Feb 02 00:30:07 GMT
>Received: (from majordomo at localhost)
>         by chipsworld.llamas.net (8.11.6/8.11.6) id g1BLBj824690
>         for rc5-outbound; Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:11:45 -0500
>Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:11:45 -0500
>Received: from mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com
>     (mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com [212.74.112.71])
>         by chipsworld.llamas.net (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id
g1BLBhN24685
>         for <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>; Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:11:44 -0500
>Received: from [80.225.83.149] (helo=default)
>         by mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com with esmtp (Exim 3.33 #1)
>         id 16aNjZ-0009Hu-00
>         for rc5 at lists.distributed.net; Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:11:38 +0000
>From: "Scott Morgan" <dipsy100 at lineone.net>
>To: <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
>Subject: [RC5] Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:10:38 -0000
>Message-ID: <000201c1b340$9e7c9c50$9553e150 at default>
>[snip]
>***
>
>And here those of the second duplicate:
>
>***
> >From dipsy100 at lineone.net Tue Feb 12 11:50:06 2002
>Received: from mserv.rug.ac.be (mserv.rug.ac.be [157.193.40.37])
>         by eduserv.rug.ac.be (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1C95CD28695
>         for <jmaebe at eduserv.rug.ac.be>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:05:12 +0100
(MET)
>Received: from chipsworld.llamas.net (IDENT:root at chipsworld.llamas.net
>     [63.77.33.226])
>         by mserv.rug.ac.be (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id KAA01641
>         for <Jonas.Maebe at rug.ac.be>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:05:06 +0100 (MET)
>Received: (from majordomo at localhost)
>         by chipsworld.llamas.net (8.11.6/8.11.6) id g1C8Rsk08593
>         for rc5-outbound; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 03:27:54 -0500
>Received: from virus.landis.com ([193.79.12.8])
>         by chipsworld.llamas.net (8.11.6/8.11.6) with SMTP id g1C8RrN08588
>         for <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 03:27:53 -0500
>Received: by virus.landis.com; id JAA24296; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:30:37 GMT
>Received: from nodnsquery(213.53.11.35) by nlsrkca-vs01.virus.landis.com
>     via csmap (V4.1)
>         id srcAAA_rxAe_; Tue, 12 Feb 02 09:30:37 GMT
>Received: from sd0-par1.landis.com (prdoessps.landis.com [10.32.3.11])
>         by mex02.landis.com (8.10.2+Sun/8.10.2) with ESMTP id g1C9QuF11242
>         for <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:26:56 GMT
>Received: (from oracle at localhost)
>         by sd0-par1.landis.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) id JAA22999
>         for rc5 at lists.distributed.net; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:27:37 +0100
(MET)
>Received: from mex02.landis.com (nlsrkca-ma01 [10.32.2.133])
>         by sd0-par1.landis.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with SMTP id AAA25144
>         for <Ericz at Exa.nl>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:28:12 +0100 (MET)
>Received: from virus.landis.com (vs01-out [213.53.11.33])
>         by mex02.landis.com (8.10.2+Sun/8.10.2) with SMTP id g1C0RWF02759
>         for <Ericz at Exa.nl>; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:27:32 GMT
>Received: by virus.landis.com; id AAA10461; Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:31:10 GMT
>Received: from nodnsquery(63.77.33.226) by nlsrkca-vs01.virus.landis.com
>     via csmap (V4.1)
>         id srcAAABIgAm_; Tue, 12 Feb 02 00:31:10 GMT
>Received: (from majordomo at localhost)
>         by chipsworld.llamas.net (8.11.6/8.11.6) id g1BLBj824690
>         for rc5-outbound; Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:11:45 -0500
>Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:11:45 -0500
>Received: from mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com
>     (mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com [212.74.112.71])
>         by chipsworld.llamas.net (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id
g1BLBhN24685
>         for <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>; Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:11:44 -0500
>Received: from [80.225.83.149] (helo=default)
>         by mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com with esmtp (Exim 3.33 #1)
>         id 16aNjZ-0009Hu-00
>         for rc5 at lists.distributed.net; Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:11:38 +0000
>From: "Scott Morgan" <dipsy100 at lineone.net>
>To: <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
>Subject: [RC5] Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:10:38 -0000
>Message-ID: <000201c1b340$9e7c9c50$9553e150 at default>
>***
>
>It seems to me that somehow, messages sent to <wdesmedt at landis.be> and
><Ericz at Exa.nl> are redirected back to the list. And in both cases, it's
>the server "virus.landis.com" that does it.
>
>(CC'ing those two people and postmaster at virus.landis.be)
>
>
>Jonas
>
>--
>To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net
>rc5-digest subscribers replace rc5 with rc5-digest

--
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net
rc5-digest subscribers replace rc5 with rc5-digest

--
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net
rc5-digest subscribers replace rc5 with rc5-digest



More information about the rc5 mailing list