[RC5] Checkpoint Interval?

John Caldwell johnkc at apple.com
Wed Feb 13 09:12:41 EST 2002

What criteria determines when the checkpoint file is updated?  Is it time
based, progress based, or a mix of both?  I recall seeing this discussed
or documented long ago, but a quick search of the docs and FAQ didn't
produce the answer.

This is probably less relevant for OGR, but I'm curious about what
happens with small RC5 blocks.  A 1GHz G4 completes a 1*2^28 block in 26
seconds.  (Yes, I requested larger blocks, but those are what the proxy
had available.)  Is the checkpoint file getting updated every second or
two, or is the intermediate work never written out because the work unit
is completed before the update interval is reached?

-jkc
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net