[RC5] Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:10:38 -0000

Knut Pfefferkorn Knut.Pfefferkorn at KeyWarrior.net
Thu Feb 14 19:30:39 EST 2002

On 14 Feb 2002 at 9:18, Stephen Garrison wrote:

> Assuming we have cycled through the keyspace 2 times (I don't think we
> have cycled 4-6 times) with a 50% failure (or success rate), we would
> still have 25% to check, close enough to the 30% that we are currently
> missing.

currently we are crunching blocks from the 0x00 subspace. (for the second time)
So we are somewhere around 1,7 times through the keyspace. We startet at
0x64, and in the first time the subspaces from 0x64 up to 0xb0 (0xc0,0xf0, ????)
where "recycled" for one or more times. There were limitations on "open
subspaces" because of disc size problems. Sometimes a new keymaster and
more discspace were aviable.... http://www.distributed.net/history.html

Here is something what i've got from our perproxy logfiles:
(use a fixed size font)
the columns are: date(dd.mm.yy),subspace(hex), subspace(dec), difference
between two month
As you can see, in october, november subspaces changed very fast. (because
most of them where sent out for more then one or two times)

01.07.00	B3	179	179	-
01.08.00	BE	190	190	11
01.08.00	C9	201	201	11
01.10.00	D6	214	214	13
01.11.00	E1	225	225	11
01.12.00	EF	239	239	14
01.01.01	FC	252	252	13
01.02.01	08	8	264	12
01.03.01	11	17	273	9
01.04.01	1E	30	286	13
01.05.01	2A	42	298	12
01.06.01	36	54	310	12
01.07.01	41	65	321	11
01.08.01	4E	78	334	13
01.09.01	58	88	344	10
01.10.01	81	129	385	41
01.11.01	B0	176	432	47
01.12.01	CE	206	462	30
01.01.02	E9	233	489	27
01.02.02	F8	248	504	15

If someone here ist interested in older data, i will look for them....

greetings,
    knut

--
join our RC5 cracking team  | To ensure privacy and data integrity this message
http://www.keywarrior.net/  | has been encrypted by using dual rounds of ROT-13

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net