[RC5] RC5: general client question

Knut Pfefferkorn Knut.Pfefferkorn at KeyWarrior.net
Wed Jan 16 14:58:34 EST 2002

On 16 Jan 2002 at 9:03, Bjoern Martin wrote:

> >The buffers are now basically first-in,first-out, so you
> >should be okay.
>
> Is this also true for the client now? I thought the proxy
> is fifo, but the client is lifo.

Recent versions are pseudo-fifo.
The client selects the block with the lowest number for crunching.
Since we are walking upwards through the keyspace, this works in most cases.

greetings,
    knut

--
join our RC5 cracking team  | To ensure privacy and data integrity this message
http://www.keywarrior.net/  | has been encrypted by using dual rounds of ROT-13

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net