[RC5] RC5: general client question

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Wed Jan 16 10:11:21 EST 2002

I guess you're right. My new dual 1.5 GHz Athalon XP system benchmarks at
over 5.4 Mkeys/sec per CPU, which works out to about 3500 2^28 blocks (stats
units) per day.  Since the default work packet size is now 2^31 blocks, 1000
work packets would be 8000 stats units, around two days of work. I guess
1000 blocks is a reasonable value for such a machine.

However, if you've turned up the packet size, and you're getting 1000 2^33
blocks, your machine will only flush about once a week, which I would find
too infrequent. I like to keep my stats 'regular' ;-).

:::Ryan Malayter
:::Network Engineer
:::Bank Administration Institute
:::Chicago, Illinois, USA