[RC5] Criminal Charges Settled In Distributed-Computing Case

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Sat Jan 19 17:18:01 EST 2002

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 05:53:06PM -0500, Scott Dodson wrote:
> On 26-Aug-2001, TD - Sales International Holland B.V. wrote:
> > On Friday 18 January 2002 11:42, you wrote:
> >
> > I don't know where those bozo's get their bandwidth but if I were them I'd
> > find a cheaper provider.... 59c a second for bandwidth? geez.... I can
> > consume as much as I want a month long for like 45$ ?! (512kbit down 64up)
>
> So bandwidth is the only thing you pay for in order to utilize a computer?
> You don't pay for electricity?  You don't pay to have hardware replaced
> after it's worn out?  You don't have to pay someone to remove software from
> about a thousand machines?

 The plaintifs did at one point claim that d.net clients cost them 59c a
second in bandwidth costs _alone_, in addition to their other claims.  The
point of mentioning this is to raise the question:  If one of their claims
is obviously inflated, why should we accept their other claims.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net