[RC5] RC5-Crunching speed

freaky freaky at freaky2000.dyndns.org
Sat Jun 1 15:05:35 EDT 2002

Hmm I believe I heard the P-IV is just friggin' slow on cracking RC5. It had
something to do with a unit that was removed (in opposite to the P-III, I
believe it's a floating point unit....). I believe they were looking into
the P-IV's instruction set to make it faster, but I don't think there's
anything out yet.