[RC5] Average block size in perproxy (was: Client 2.8010faster than later ones, x86 core #6 change ?)

Ryu odjmico2 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 10 04:23:23 EDT 2002

in the past i made the mistake of running a too old client and it grabbed a
block > at 2^31 bits large, and it reported it was calculating a block with
an enormous ( but wrong ) size. and i guess this block was wrong...
1° it wasn't credited ( i don't know )
2° it may wasted some keyspace

so , if most of blocks contained actually in keymasters, or proxies are < at
2^32 we can not take the risk to let old client calculate blocks >2^31 as we
don't know exactly the result produced ...

depending of the keyspace fragmentation ( i guess ) and reassigned blocks my
clients are often working on small blocks as you described, but sometimes
they have also great blocks, it's rare these days but it happens...