[RC5] Client 2.8010 faster than later ones, x86 core #6 change ?

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Mon Jun 10 19:58:44 EDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 01:46:26AM +0200, Ryu wrote:
> all i ask to my clients is :
> to be able to manage actual proxies and blocksize
> not to be on the blacklist of 'bugged' clients
> to be the fastest
>
> whatever version of client you may use, you will always have none credited
> blocks, but that's not the fault of the client itself....

The point is that we sometimes release new clients because we found bugs
in the old clients. While we don't intend to ever remove buggy results
from stats (even if it results in us exceeding 100% completion), we very
possibly will actively ban known bad clients from the network at some
point in the future. The only reason we haven't done this yet is because
we know how reluctant users are to upgrade and that all the bugs we've
identified thus far are pretty easy to manually correct for.
Jim C. Nasby (aka Decibel!)                    jim at nasby.net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net