[RC5] Possible challenge

Malte S. Stretz msquadrat.nospamplease at gmx.net
Thu Mar 7 23:21:31 EST 2002

On Thursday, 7. March 2002 20:58 CET Jeff Palmer wrote, at least in
part:
> Interesting,  maybe.   But we would not be eligible to win whatever
> prize they offer, as bruteforce is strictly prohibited in the contest
> rules.

I haven't read the full T&Cs as you receive em only when you sign up
for the project. Did you do so and can post a link? Or, much likely, is
there a term which forbids you to do so? :( I don't like these kinds of
projects: "Help us to find the weakness of our technique but Pssst! to
anybody else if you found one..."

But I still think a project which develops a genetic algorithm would be
very interesting if it was possible to split the task up to a
distributed project...

Malte
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net