[RC5] core questions

Scott Christopher Dodson gsi22419 at gsaix2.cc.gasou.edu
Tue Mar 12 14:45:53 EST 2002

I don't know that the turning of the crunchometere had anything to do with
speed.  But MMX instructions do make a big difference.  Also, certain x86
chips didn't have instructions in hardware to do things that we needed to
do.  Early AMDs didn't have a rotate instruction that we needed to do,
but Intel chips did, they were much faster than AMD chips.  MMX is just
integer math handler.