[RC5] core questions

blitz blitz at macronet.net
Tue Mar 12 19:03:10 EST 2002

Interesting...I'm "assuming" AMD did add the necessary MMX sort of
instruction set by the time things got to say 233 mhz or so....I recall
they called it something different than MMX, but it was the same thing. The
box I'm on rite now, is a 233 amd, and I know it supports the mmx stuff.
So despite mmx being a dud  for video, it makes Dnet cores run
better...great...
I've always liked the AMD chips because of their risc architecture,
something I got a bit familiar with when I had a SGI Indy. (wish I still
had it..heh)