[RC5] CPU Temperature

Wed Mar 13 18:47:49 EST 2002

13/01/2002 12:03:48, "Ray Booysen" <rjb-dis at iafrica.com> wrote:

>  I have been running dnetc for a while now and I am curious about how much it
>  raises my CPU's temperature.  I have a Celeron 800 which runs at about 55C
>  without dnetc running and 83C with dnetc running.  I do have 4 IDE devices
>
>  and a floppy drive in the case.  Is this temperature too high for the CPU,
>  because I don't want to cause any damage to it.
>
>  I know my hard drives get very warm from constant use but I can't move them
>  around because of lack of space.  Any suggestions?

Too Hot, far too hot.
Get some fans in that case, one preferably two pulling air out
one or two sucking air in. Also check that you heatsink is
on correctly, maybe even remove it and apply some
thermal compound, Artic Silver II or III is good.

Give me an email if you want some assistance.
My Dual XP1600 CPU temps are 43C and 45C.

Steve...

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net